23 October 2011

I Used To Have The Notion I Could Swim The Length Of The Ocean, If I Knew You Were Waiting For Me




We're going to try something new with this space for a little while. Every month or so, give or take a week here and there, a new mix will be posted - made lovingly from me to you. Generally this will be the music that has been occupying my life more than the rest recently. Often this means new music, but not always. More than likely, it'll be new and old side by side. Occasionally a theme may emerge and I'll go with it. Whatever.

For more regular fixes, music and art will be posted on my tumblr blog with much more frequency. I treat that space like a scrap book, putting things there I find I like in the moment. Some of it might end up in these monthly mixes. You know, whatever.

Here's the first mix. It's eclectic, like an old-school mix oughta be. For the whole thing, download the zip file at the bottom of the post.


Vacation - Anything for You
Future Islands - Balance
Michael Jackson - Human Nature
Real Estate - Barely Legal (The Strokes cover)
Beirut - Goshen
Iron & Wine - The Same Old Song
Bonnie Prince Billy - For Every Field There's a Mole
J Mascis - Not Enough
Harry Nilsson - Without You
The Raincoats - Lola


October mix.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment