14 February 2012

This, What I Thought I Knew




Fair warning: the beginning of this mix is pretty damn sexy – pds, in shorthand. That it’s being posted on Valentine’s Day is coincidence, but serendipitous. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourself for falsetto.

After the sexy fades, the rest of the mix is something of a post-coital comedown, if you will - slow, pretty, and progressively less lucid. The whole thing is a bit hypnotic to my senses, and may well induce some heavy eyelids. That’s okay, it’s hibernation season anyway. The title of the last track tells you explicitly not to sleep, but that’s some Mary Poppins trickery. It’s a 13 minute snoozer – I’d be surprised if your heartbeat doesn’t slow. So just go with it and dream some potent dreams. I promise next month I’ll give you something to wake up.

The Caretaker - Tiny Gradiations of Loss (edit)
Maxwell - This Woman's Work
How to Dress Well - Decisions [ft. Yuksel Arslan]
Washed Out - Eyes Be Closed
Chad Valley - Up and Down
Brian Eno - This
Nightlands - 300 Clouds
Julianna Barwick - Bode
Death in Vegas - Girls
Yo La Tengo - Damage
Yo La Tengo - Gentle Hour
The Caretaker - Tiny Gradiations of Loss
James Blake - I Only Know (What I Know Now)
Leyland Kirby - Dont Sleep I'm Not What I Seem, I'm A Very Quiet Storm

February '12 Mix.zip


1 comment: